Using metal or similar materials for a graphic design project can really produce a stunning end result. I’ve compiled a collection of 21 designs forged by metal; ranging from bionic arms, to metal hearts, to iron typography, to a river of flowing metal.
BUT FIRST, here’s 10 mind blowing facts about metal:
- The word ‘metal’ derives from the Greek word ‘metallon,’ which means to mine, excavate or extract from the ground.
- 75% of all the elements on the periodic table are metals.
- At room temperature, all of the metals are solids except for mercury, which is a liquid.
- The most common metal found in the Earth’s crust is aluminum.
- Even though aluminum is abundant in the crust, the most abundant element in the entire Earth is iron, which makes up a large part of the Earth’s core.
- Alkali metals, such as lithium, sodium, potassium, and rubidium, are so reactive they will ignite and even explode if placed in water.
- Noble metals, such as silver, gold, and platinum, resist oxidation and corrosion in moist air.
- Metals are elastic or tend to bend rather than break.
- Gold was discovered in 6000 BC.
- Copper even before that, being discovered in 9000 BC.
Credit to respective artists.
I hope that this collection has served as inspiration for your next metal design project! Thanks for stopping by!