I’ve put together a collection of 24 delicious dairy designs for this week’s graphic design roundup. But first, here’s 10 quick facts about dairy courtesy of America’s Dairyland:
- Per capita ice cream consumption in the U.S. is about 19 pounds per year.
- The average milk production per cow in the United States is 22,393 pounds per year (2,604 gallons).
- Americans eat about 350 slices of pizza per second. That’s enough to cover more than 90 football fields a day.
- Cheese helps prevent tooth decay. Firm cheeses, such as Cheddar, are most effective.
- Cheese is the number one food craving, even beating out chocolate! When respondents were asked which food gift they would like to receive, 19% of Americans said they want cheese – and only 13% said candy.
- It takes ten pounds of milk to make one pound of cheese.
- On average, each American eats about 34 pounds of cheese every year. That adds up to more than a ton of cheese during a lifetime.
- At over 33 pounds per capita, the United States ranks far behind many European countries for per capita consumption of cheese. Residents of Greece, Iceland and France all eat an average of more than 50 pounds of cheese per year.
- According to the NPD Group’s National Eating Trends In-Home Database, the top five ice cream flavors are vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, chocolate chip, and butter pecan.
- Approximately 6 billion half-pints of milk are served through federal school lunch, breakfast and special milk programs every year.
Credit to respective artists.
I hope that you enjoyed this week’s graphic design roundup! Thanks for stopping by!