32 Photos Of Aircrafts Built For Utter Annihilation!
If you’ve ever been to an air show that featured a fighter jet, I think you’ll appreciate this roundup.
Few things are more impressive to witness live then watching a jet perform. The noise and the maneuvers are incredibly impressive to witness. Then you take a look at some of the facts and your mind gets blown.
- The F-15 can fly at mach-2, or 1,900 mp/h.
- In 1975, the F-15 went from standstill to an altitude of 100,000 feet in under 3 minutes and a half minutes.
- The M-61 Vulcan, an onboard cannon on many warplanes, can fire up to 6,600 round per minute.
- The F-15 can fly with only one wing.
- In 1956, an F11 fighter shot itself because it was faster than the bullet.
- The Lockhead SR-71 Blackbird is so fast that its designers didn’t even consider avasive manuevers, but rather instructed pilots to accelerate away from missiles.
The price tag that accompanies some of the air crafts are also staggering. 5 most expensive military planes are:
- VH-71 Kestrel: $241 million
- P-8A Poseidon: $290 million
- C17A Globemaster III: $328 million
- F-22 Raptor: $350 million
- B-2 Spirit: $2.4 billion
Any way you look at it, these machines are incredible. The aesthetics are pretty cool too, as seen below. Enjoy!
Credit to respective owners.
credit: Derek Finch
I hope you enjoyed the roundup and feel safe knowing that we have these bad boys flying above our heads protecting us!