6 Tips on How to Stay Inspired
Being a Designer of any sort isn’t always fun and games or great as some would say. Being a designer you have to constantly stay inspired to generate content with your mind and keep your alleged clients happy and interested all the time.
A lot of people think being a designer is easy, well yes they understand the part of having talent in creating things but, the general aspect of it all is to think outside the box and come up with new ideas and concepts to keep your client happy. That is the initial idea that people around us have about the work that we do.
What they don’t know is what we go through to stay inspired and keep up to date with the latest trends, the difficult clients that we face each day and the hours that we sometimes work. That is what we love to do though and that is what we will keep on doing till the day we kick the bucket. Let’s get back on track here, I decided to write this article to help some people gain inspiration through simple steps that they could follow or that they could use in the future.
Quite a lot of designers usually have their sites that they check out in order each morning when they wake up and switch on their computers. Example. “Dean Wakes up and grabs some coffee, he checks out his emails and Facebook and then continues on to browse Logopond and ffffound.” In the way that “Dean” does his searches he gains his inspiration that he needs for the day to complete his different tasks at hand. Each person out there has their own way of finding inspiration and their own methods of making it work for them. People sometimes also have a creative block, what that is, is when you have a mental block and you feel you can’t think of anything creative or anything to create for that matter. I use to get them, but after I have worked out a structure for me to stay inspired I don’t have that problem anymore.
Here is the structure that I use to Stay Inspired all the time.
1. Visit Inspirational Websites that have tons of collective Inspiration.
These are only a few sites
2. Get out of the house, go for coffee with friends. Go watch a movie with your girlfriend or just have a relaxing time with some friends. This usually clears your mind of all the other things you have been thinking about lately.
3. Go to the gym, Get your heart pumping and your blood flowing, exercising releases different sorts of chemicals which refreshes the toxins in your body and revitalizes the way you feel.
4. Go for a walk on the beach or a walk in the park. If your rather the type of person that would relax, grab yourself a book or a magazine and go to the beach and sit in the sun and read. You will be surprised on how quickly you would come up with new ideas by just sitting on the beach or in the park noticing the natural wildlife around you and how every little creature just keeps doing what he is doing despite the fact of what happens around it.
5. One of the best things I have found works for me is taking time off. Yes that seems like a no go for some people but, actually you have to do it. Think about it. Sitting in front of your computer the entire day is such a bad thing, not only for your health but, for your social life too. I don’t mean taking off days (even though you could), I just mean taking quite a lot of breaks in between your work schedule or refining your computer usage time. This gives you time to switch off for a bit and ponder on other things, relaxing your brain at the same time.
6. Create yourself a TO DO List, you must probably think what does this have to do with anything? Well looking at different tasks that you have to complete for the specific day gives you motivation and determination towards completing the task successfully. You can either just make yourself a list on a piece of paper or you could do it on your computer, there is quite a few applications that will efficiently help you do so.
These are just a few tips on how to stay inspired.