Simplifying your Emails, Simplifies your Life
Email is something that we all use every day and I believe that we all have the same email needs. We need an email program that syncs emails across different computers and devices, archive emails simply and effectively and retrieve them quickly. We need our emails to be safe secure and backed up. These days, legal battles are won and lost because of emails.
I find it very strange that 99% of email applications do not offer the above mentioned requirements and do not provide the user with what they really need.
I’ve searched long and hard trying out different email applications, loving some and hating some, but it comes down to where the email application that solved all my email needs was GMail.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that your business email address should read:” firstname.lastname@example.org”, but in stead of using outlook, use the GMail application to simplify and solve your email needs, at least till something better comes along.
How will Gmail improve your life?
- If you have more than one email address, you can setup up to five email addresses with every GMail account. When you check your GMail account, the application will automatically check your business address, personal, and any other address you might have set up. This keeps all your emails in one location. Now that you have set that up once, you only have to setup your GMail account details on a new device, and it will still check all five. You do not have to set up all five account again.
- You don’t have to delete anything. Except for spam, you can keep all your emails, with the amount of space that GMail gives you, if you do run out of space, a bigger inbox will cost you a minimal amount.
- Gmail allows you to “google search” your emails. If you are looking for a specific email just type: sister/car/insurance and bam, there it is, email found. This in my opinion works 100% better than MS Outlook search and saves me a lot of stress and anxiety when it comes to retrieving that email that proves I’m right.
- Email threads are by far the best way of keeping track of a ongoing email conversation, it makes following up and managing email replies easy.
- Labels work much better than Folders. The problem with folders is that each email can only be in one folder. So if you get a email from your sister, about your car insurance for your business vehicle, you have to decide if you want to file it under Sister, Car, Insurance, or Business. Now you have to remember that. In GMail, you can setup a label for sister,car,insurance and business and the email will show up under all of them.
- You have access to all your emails from any device, because it is web based. You can set up your device to download your email, but it always keeps a copy on the web. This means that all your emails are always on all your devices.
- If you like a desktop email program, or worry that google might loose your account, you can download gears, and GMails off-line application. This will download and sync your emails to a off-line location. Should you have any problems with your GMail account, at least you will have a mirror image of your emails, backed up on a PC offline.
Since I’ve changed to GMail as my email client, my live has change dramatically. No more:” That email is on my home PC, or, I downloaded that email last night on my laptop, I will have to froward it to my work PC. My inbox is always clean, because I’ve set up labels and if I haven’t I know I can retrieve that email with a single “google mail search”.
Its Fast, its Everywhere, its Free, its a must.
On a sidenote. In a PC world where it feels like everything has been done, I’m sure that if someone developed a “Dropbox like” email program, it will be a winner. – I will pay for that. If you know of any great email programs, please lets us know, and leave a comment below.