The hand is a very remarkable piece of ‘equipment’. Like did you know that the human hand has 27 bones, 29 joints and at least 123 named ligaments? Or that it takes up to 6 months for a fingernail to grow from root to tip? Here are a few more facts on the human hand:
- You cannot get a tan on your palm and underside of your fingers.
- The average hand length for adult women is 6.7 inches. The average length for men is 7.4 inches.
- The vein on your ring finger is called Venna Amoris—it has a direct line with the human heart and is known as the vein of love. That’s why we wear an engagement ring on the left hand’s finger.
- Structurally, fingernails are actually modified hairs
- 6% of all men and 9.9% of all women are left-handed
- Hand surgeons say that the index finger is the best one to lose—if you had a choice. The index finger is needed the least.
- Men tend to have longer ring fingers than index fingers—girls vice versa
- Fingers don’t have muscles—tendons in our fingers are moved by the muscles of the forearm
I’ve gone ahead and put together a collection of 24 very handy logos for your inspiration! Enjoy!
Credit to respective artists.
The only thing that separates our hands from that of animals is our opposable thumbs (the ability for our thumb and fingers to work together.) Well actually Koala Bear’s also have opposable thumbs, but that’s a different conversation.
I hope that this roundup of hand logos has served as inspiration! Thanks for stopping by!